Monday, December 6, 2010

Is There Anybody Alive Out There?

My body aches. The world’s gone bad. Every morning there’s more blood. The future looks less and less certain as the seasons go by. The winters are harsher, and the summers are like Hell itself. The buildings are all empty. Empty frames of cars burn on the streets. All I can think of is an album I heard once in a dark basement. But that basement is gone now, buried under a pile of rubble where a house used to be. Like rain, it fell from the sky. I can’t see anybody around. I can’t see anybody alive. Only corpses. They didn’t even have time to lie down to die. They all just fell. All of them, falling one by one. The pavements are slimy with rotting bodies. I can’t see if anybody is alive out here, but it smells like nobody is. All I can hear is the ringing in my ears. All I can see is the cloud and the shells of the city. I can see no future here.

It fell from the sky. Like rain, it fell from the sky. At first, it was joy. Pure joy. Everyone felt it. They were all kissing and hugging and it felt like everything was going to be alright. I felt like I’d woken up for the first time in years.

After that, it was nothing. Only darkness. Now there’s nobody there.

I can’t see anybody.

I can’t hear anybody.

I can only smell them rotting.

I can’t see anything.

I can’t see a future.

Is there anybody alive out there?

All gone bad…

Body aches…

No future…

No future…

No future.

No comments:

Post a Comment